Operations and technicians
Specialist Travel Technician
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for carrying out special tasks and inspections in offshore wind turbines and support with technical activities
Join us in this role where you’ll utilise an endoscope to perform turbine condition assessments and inspect critical parts of the wind turbine's main components. You’ll be exposed to our extensive array of diverse wind turbines and will perform a variety of technical responsibilities. You'll be working in a 14/14 rotation with a 12-hour shift pattern.
Welcome to Special Tasks and Inspections
You’ll be part of ST&I Travel Technicians where you, together with your colleagues, will have great opportunity to develop your personal as well as technical skills in a fast-growing environment as part of a dedicated team of 17 specialists . As a team, we operate in smaller groups, placing significant emphasis on teamwork and collaboration. We welcome learning opportunities and actively support the individual development of team members.
You’ll play an important role in:
- carrying out turbine condition assessments and other mandatory inspections
- inspecting complex components with endoscope and stethoscope
- performing troubleshooting and repair activities of electrical and mechanical components
- providing input for development of tools, RAMS, AWPs, and work instructions
- promoting high work ethics and performance and enforcing important safety standards.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant education and extensive technical skills acquired from working with SGRE or Vestas platforms, as well as general knowledge of the offshore wind industry
- are used to perform endoscopic inspections in WTG's
- possess a can-do attitude and thrive in a team
- are used to work under Wind Turbine Safety Rules
- thrive with taking on complex technical challenges and coming up with professional technical solutions
- have strong communication skills and speak/write English fluently.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Torben Hansen, Offshore Manager, on +4599555426 between 30 January–12 February, and John Taylor, Offshore Manager, on +447896069688 between 13 February–25 February if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.