IT and digital
Senior Data Engineer
Imagine a future where you play an active role in utilising data through secure and stable data infrastructure
Join us in this role where you’ll get the opportunity to architect and build end-to-end data engineering solutions in our power plants that provide the foundation for cloud-based analytics across the company. We’re committed to delivering on our organisation’s digital strategy and creating a strong platform for analytics, model management, machine learning, etc. – all built on cloud technologies. We test and learn as we go and our ambition is to power and connect a workplace where everyone can thrive, perform, and grow.
Welcome to Smart Plant in BIO
You’ll be part of the Data Driven Maintenance team where you, together with your colleagues, will work with SCADA data and on developing the BIO data backbone, and where you’ll inspire and advise stakeholders on how to enable data. You’ll be a part of a team where you’re respected for who you are, appreciated for what you contribute, rewarded equally for what you achieve, while maintaining a sustainable work life balance. As a team, we enjoy working in a highly flexible and inclusive manner and we hire talents from a diverse variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger.
You’ll play an important role in:
- building, evolving, and maintaining the ingestion pipelines to the Ørsted Data Ecosystem, ensuring that data is made available in a way that is optimised for security, stability, and performance
- collaborating with our team data scientist community to find ways to optimise data packaging and structuring to enable reuse and support of common business scenarios
- participating in developing the capabilities and governance of the data platform
- setting up monitoring and orchestration of data pipelines
- designing and implementing effective data models considering scalability and optimisation for analysis and reporting purpose
- providing technical leadership to the team, offering guidance and mentorship, and ensuring the best practices in data engineering.
To succeed in the role, you:
- can collaborate with cross-functional teams to contribute to the development of a robust data foundation platform
- have substantial development and data ingestion experience using Python and SQL
- have experience working with Kafka and NiFi or Airflow, as well as with Azure synapse or similar data warehouse services, and time series databases
- are familiar with cloud platforms and container technology, such as Kubernetes and Docker, and on-prem systems
- might have knowledge about Azure rights and access management and CD/CI, preferably in Azure pipelines
- have excellent communication skills and strong sense of collaboration, are professional and responsible, curious and engaged, with a passion for making a difference through data, and appreciate learning new things.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.