Engineering and construction
Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer
Imagine a future where you unleash your potential and contribute to the design and execution of our high- voltage AC and DC substations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the design, quality assurance, and integration of the LV and utility components into onshore and offshore substations from the conceptual phase to detailed design and execution. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in the development of innovative technical solutions and in assisting our Operations & Maintenance team.
Welcome to Power Transmission
You’ll be part of Substations Electrical & Mechanical Engineering team where you, together with your colleagues, will contribute to the design, sourcing, integration, and execution of the LV scopes within high-voltage AC and DC substations, both onshore and offshore. You’ll be part of a diverse team that values collaboration and knowledge sharing, as talent wins games but teamwork and intelligence win championships.
You’ll play an important role in:
- verifying the design of LV and utility systems on offshore and onshore substations during all phases from concept to FAT
- participating in project team meetings and proactively cooperating and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
- taking ownership and delivering technical specifications, employer requirements, and design basis, as well as verifying calculations associated with the LV and utility components for both ONSS and OSS
- ensuring the review of technical documentation provided by contractors
- ensuring that the deliverables from engineering, fabrication, and principal contractors have the right quality according to requirements
- participating in FAT/SAT of main LV and utility systems on onshore and offshore substations to support supervision and commissioning activities as well as handover to our O&M team.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience with technical design requirements for LV and utilities, incl. fire alarm system, UPS, lighting system, monitoring systems, switchboard, power management system, etc.,
- are curious and open to new approaches to design processes and able to collaborate with your team members and all stakeholders
- have hands-on experience with tools like ETAP, PowerFactory, DIALux, and ePLAN, as well as extensive experience with relevant international standards
- have a relevant degree or equivalent experience in electrical engineering and are interested in working with electrical design for onshore and offshore substations
- have hands-on experience with LV power system design and studies, calculations, equipment sizing, and specifications.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.