Sales and energy trading
Imagine a future where you shape our energy trading activities through advanced data science and machine learning techniques
Join us in this role where you’ll advance our digital solutions to interrogate data and extract valuable trading insights in the Nordic power market. Your area of responsibility will be the end-to-end development of analytical tools, incl. data exploration, data engineering, fundamental and statistical modelling, as well as the development of web-applications.
Welcome to Trading Exposure & Analytics Department
You’ll be part of Trading Applications & Insights where you, together with your colleagues, will be supporting the European Trading department and the Price Forecasting and Analysis team with analytics. Our six-person team is equally split between dedicated desk analysts as yourself and platform developers supporting and developing our analytics platform. Our team members have diverse backgrounds in data and analytics engineering, devops, financial modelling, math, and meteorology. We work with a high degree of flexibility. As a team, we embrace experimentation and knowledge sharing. We are "incubators" of digital change. We also enjoy working in virtual teams consisting of experienced traders, analysts, and other specialists.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing smooth access to data and analytics
- delivering quantitative power price analysis
- extracting valuable insights via time-series analysis
- advancing the data-science methods needed to interrogate time-series data
- developing new data-science fuelled algorithms from prototypes to production stage
- engaging with traders, data analysts, and model developers to realise our digital ambitions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a background in data science or equivalent with an in-depth knowledge of time-series analysis and forecasting methods
- enjoy working with data engineering, data science, and data visualisation
have a passion for Python programming and like to share that passion
- are able to work independently, ask for help when needed, and communicate well
- find a strong motivation working with energy trading and risk management problems.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 3 October 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Marc Skov Madsen, Head of Trading Applications & Insights, on (Denmark +45) 99557887, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.