Engineering and construction
Electrical Engineering Graduate (HV Cables)
Step into a career where you’re part of a challenging offshore project, responsible for the design and quality of submarine cables
The Ørsted Global Graduate Program is designed to unleash your potential and give you the unique opportunity of a fast-tracked career in Ørsted. We offer you an intense two-year developmental journey where you’ll learn from experts within your field and get international project experience, tools to drive innovation, and a strong cross-functional network with other talents.
The Graduate journey
Our Graduate Program consists of two-three rotations, where you’ll solve business challenges, take responsibility for your own assignments, and engage in our day-to-day business decisions.
You’ll be part of our diverse HV Cables Project Engineering team where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure quality during the design, manufacturing, termination, and testing of high-voltage array or export cables on an exciting project. As a team, we share complementary skills and a common commitment to delivering high-quality work, whilst cooperating closely with colleagues across Europe, the U.S., and Asia-Pacific. There will be two rotations with HV Cables team, and one rotation will be either within the Power Transmission or Asset Integrity Management.
You’ll play an important role in:
- assisting in the design, manufacturing, and testing processes, incl. quality assurance of 33-400kV cable products and related accessories
- ensuring that the correct quality processes are in place and followed at the various manufacturing facilities
- supporting in the review of designs, review of supplier technical proposals, and ensuring the suitability of technical solutions across all functional areas, e.g., offshore installation and HV components
- preparing Non-Conformity Reports (NCRs) and reviewing Manufacturing Record Books (MRBs) while witnessing cable testing in labs and factories around the world
- assisting in the review of technical solution to see if it’s in line with international standards, internal best practices, and contractual requirements
- supporting interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent as a minimum
- have good basic or theoretical understanding of high voltage cables
- possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- thrive working in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders
- have a structured, service-minded, and flexible approach to your tasks
- are an excellent communicator who can convey clear verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
The best first step you’ll ever take
Send your application, CV, and most recent grade transcripts as soon as possible and no later than October 8, 2023. We’ll conduct interviews shortly after.
Please don’t hesitate to write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be interfacing with cable suppliers either in the US, Europe, or Asia region, and visiting your team in either London, Gentofte, Skærbæk, or Kuala Lumpur. Dependent on the project status and timeline, percentage of travel activity expected for this position varies and could be approx. 5% to 25%.
Step closer to a career as a graduate in Ørsted
In Ørsted, we help accelerate your talent into an international career within your professional field. See our Global Graduate Program overview, read more about the recruitment process, and find out how you can help us turn visions into reality.