Operations and technicians
Deputy HV Transmission System Manager
Imagine a future where you support our green energy transformation by managing operations and maintenance of transmission assets in the wind farm
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for developing and heading a team of site specialists for execution of the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the transmission assets.
Welcome to Region Americas Operations
You’ll be part of HV & Transmission Operations team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for ensuring compliance with US legislation and managing our electrical safety rules for operation and maintenance of the electrical systems. As a team, we’re a multicultural, highly skilled group and unite by fully utilizing the cultural and geographical diversity.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing a strong, positive electrical HSE culture and focusing on maintaining and improving standards related to how electrical safety is managed on-site
- planning, directing, and managing the operation and maintenance of the transmission assets at the onshore and offshore substations
- setting up training for authorized personnel and contractors in accordance with the electrical safety rules
- taking responsibility for the energization and operation of the transmission asset and managing contractors and service agreements related to the transmission asset
- supporting the continuous development of the transmission asset strategy for the upcoming US offshore assets and covering responsibilities of the HV Transmission System Manager during emergencies
- collaborating cross-functionally with generation control centre, asset integrity management, electrical safety, engineering, procurement, and commissioning organizations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience in high voltage operational management, ideally within engineering or utilities, with experience within the grid operator being an advantage
- are familiar with working at substations under transmission and distribution voltage levels
- hold experience in and insights into US legislation towards electrical safety and requirements, ideally with experience in coordinating activities and resource management
- are able to clear medical checks and safety training programs as required by Global Wind Organization (GWO) standards
- thrive in creating good, engaging relationship with different stakeholders.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than September 30, 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com,if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, both domestically and occasionally to our offices abroad, to collaborate with different stakeholders.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.