Security Operations Officer (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you play a part in implementing global security solutions to protect the world’s most sustainable renewable energy company
Join us in this role where you’ll be a key figure in the implementation of security solutions across continental Europe (CE). You’ll be the focal point of contact in all physical security-related matters across CE, contributing to the departments’ evolution globally. Here, you’ll perform both gap analysis and audits along with securing the global implementation of the physical security and fire safety framework. You’ll act as an advisor, supporting the entire CE organisation.
Welcome to Global Real Estate & Workplace Management
You’ll be part of Global Security (UK & CE) where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for developing and implementing the policies, guidelines, and processes necessary to deliver a professional global physical security solution. We’re a highly collaborative team, supporting each other towards joint goals. As a result, you’ll have a strong collaborative role throughout the organisation. As a team, we support and encourage each other across the globe in our organisational and personal development. We’re proactive, ensuring that security solutions provide added value whilst remaining proportionate.
You’ll play an important role in:
- introducing the global physical security and fire safety policies and instructions throughout continental Europe
- taking the lead in conducting intelligence led physical security threat and risk assessments, gap analysis and audits, incl. critical national infrastructure (CNI)
- advising stakeholders in security-related matters, e.g., preparing, updating, and implementing site-specific security plans, instructions, and guidelines
- ensuring cooperation between project and site managers, security, IT, and external suppliers, by implementing access control, CCTV, and other technical security solutions
- ensuring that security and fire installations at all UK/CE sites comply with locally applicable laws, legislation, regulations, codes, and policies, as well as compliance requirements
- conducting emergency exercises, performing incident handling, and investigations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a graduate of a recognised UK or EU govt. police, service police, maritime security, or civil protection academy, with considerable experience in regular, and professional service or have a relevant security degree and possess considerable and relevant commercial security experience
- have experience driving change processes in a multinational organisation and recognise both business needs, key drivers, and security service delivery models, ensuring that security solutions provide added value in a proportionate manner
- take ownership and are a collaborative and efficient communicator who can create guidelines and instructions in an international context
- be a citizen of and have resided in Germany for at least the past five years, possess or can be able to possess German govt. security clearance(s)
- possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a can-do attitude and problem-solving approach in projects and tasks.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 28 September 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Brendon Largue, Head of Regional Security CE/UK, on +44 7920424307 on Tuesdays to Thursdays between 10:00-15:00 GMT, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll support colleagues across continental Europe, whilst specifically covering all aspects of the business across Germany and Poland.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.