Engineering and construction
Head of P2X Instrument and Controls Engineering (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you use your technical expertise to safely deliver our future P2X plants
Join us in this role where you’ll be a key member of the P2X team delivering world-class projects across geographies and technologies. The global P2X industry is in exponential growth and your leadership will be essential to deliver our portfolio of P2X projects. P2X produces renewable hydrogen and fuels using electricity generated by clean energy sources, such as wind and solar. These technologies will be crucial to achieving the world’s decarbonisation goals, and we’re taking a leading role in the journey.
Welcome to P2X
You’ll be part of the P2X Technology team where you, together with your colleagues, will provide the technology and engineering knowledge needed for front-end development and execution of our P2X projects. We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a growing innovative team backed by a large global organisation. The Technology team is currently located in Germany, Denmark, UK, and the Netherlands. As a team, we are growing front end and execution skillset and excellence with a continuous learning mindset. Teamwork, knowledge sharing, learning, and safe delivery are key success criteria.
You’ll play an important role in:
- recruiting, onboarding, retaining, and developing our instrument and controls engineering competencies in P2X
- being the line manager for the instrument and controls engineering team
- continuously building and improving the standards, processes, and tools needed to drive efficiency
- resourcing the development projects within instrument and controls engineering
- creating a supportive environment to efficiently progress the projects and maintaining an organisation where the employees thrive and grow.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have successfully completed a degree in electrical engineering or another relevant engineering degree
- are experienced in leading a team of instrument and controls engineering specialists with deep functional knowledge
- have experience from being part of the owners or developers’ teams during project development and execution
- have experience from industries like ammonia production, synthetic fuels, large chemical plant, refineries, or other heavy process industry
- have experience within functional safety, especially according to IEC 61511, IEC 61508, as well as EN ISO 13849 or IEC 62061, and with the concept of ALARP and risk treatment using Safety Instrumented Functions
- have experience with designing the overall architecture for process control and safety systems as well as with detailed specifications, procurement, testing, delivery, and commissioning of these systems.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 09. June 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
[For DK, the Netherlands, Poland, Germany and UK] Please don’t hesitate to contact Niels Jensen, Head of Technology, on (Denmark +45) 99555089 on Tuesdays and Fridays between 10:00-12:00 CEST, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.