Strategy and business development
Senior Commercial Manager
Imagine a future where you drive the commercial development of our offshore wind projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be involved in the project leadership of one or more of our US offshore wind development projects and drive major commercial initiatives as part of our growth in the US.
Welcome to Americas Project Development
You’ll be part of Offshore Development where you, together with your colleagues, will help drive the development of an offshore wind project by working on supply chain development and commercial negotiations, managing commercial risks, and optimizing the project business case with the ultimate goal of achieving a successful final investment decision. As a team, we have and value our significant cross-functional collaboration.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading, negotiating, and obtaining approvals for major commercial agreements
- working with technical, stakeholder, real estate, legal, regulatory, and consenting teams to secure the necessary input to mature and execute agreements
- key business case drivers, incl. identification, maturation, and execution of improvements to the project business case, while giving clear commercial direction to the project team and internal stakeholders
- reporting on project progress, both internally to senior management and to external partners and key stakeholders, and developing and managing the project commercial budget and resource demand
- preparing the commercial documentation necessary to support project funding decisions, a successful final investment decision and a smooth transition to Construction and Operations
- working with senior external and internal stakeholders to drive the overall optimization and maturation of the projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree in finance, economics, business administration, or law
- have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities, incl. the ability to identify and communicate possible trade-offs and the balance of risk and reward
- can effectively communicate complicated commercial concepts, both in writing and in person, with the appropriate degree of substance and nuance to various internal and external stakeholders
- have significant experience from commercial or financial roles in industries such as energy, infrastructure, real estate development, or other relevant industries
- have solid project management abilities, incl. the ability to plan and report effectively, build consensus, secure commitments, and thrive in a culture of accountability
- have a background in business development, corporate finance, or management consulting, and experience in leading or supporting commercial negotiations would also be relevant.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than March 31, 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel to various Ørsted office locations in the US, as well as some international travel.
For New York City the salary range is $158,580 -$193,820
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.