IT and digital
Kafka Cloud Data Platform Engineer
Imagine a future where you create, develop, and shape the possibilities of our data ecosystem, as part of the world’s most innovative green energy enterprise
Join us in this role where you’ll perform both development and internal support tasks in a team of data enthusiasts to ensure that our cloud data platforms are stable, secure, cost effective, and scalable, while ensuring new platform capabilities are developed timely. Our Ørsted Data Ecosystem is a modern cloud-based data platform facilitating the collection, processing, and consumption of data from all our business units and making it available to analysts, data scientists, and machine learning models.
Welcome to Data Platform Competence Centre
You’ll be part of a scrum team in the Platform, Integration & Data IPL (IT Product Line) with your home based in the Data Platform Competence Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will cooperate closely with other scrum teams adding value to the business across an IT organisation with more than 1000 employees worldwide. You’ll be a key member of our team evolving, developing, and maintaining the common infrastructure, libraries, and tooling of the Ørsted Data Ecosystem. You’ll be a part of a team where you’re respected for who you are, appreciated for what you contribute, rewarded equally for what you achieve, while maintaining a sustainable work life. As a team, we enjoy working in a highly flexible and inclusive manner and we hire talents from a diverse variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and setting up Kafka features and components according to the architecture plan, together with the team
- collaborating with architects to set the framework, guidelines, governance, and standards for the Ørsted Data Ecosystem Kafka platform
- integrating Kafka components and new features into the existing development completed by other project members
- participating in Proof of Concept initiatives and evaluating new tools and technologies
- ensuring that the Data Ecosystem is secure, stable, cost-effective, and scalable
- continuously improving, monitoring, and maintaining Ørsted Data Ecosystem Kafka.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience in deploying, maintaining, monitoring, and securing cloud resources with Apache Kafka/ Confluent Platform
- have experience with automation, version control, DevOps, and CI/CD using Azure DevOps
- are acquainted with Python, SQL and/or Java
- have experience in Kubernetes, preferably AKS
- know how to communicate efficiently with various type of stakeholders
- are a team player with positive attitude.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 March 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.