Strategy and business development
(Senior) Business Analyst, Power-to-X (P2X)
Imagine a future where you drive the global growth of P2X for the world’s most sustainable energy company
Join us in this role where you’ll be a key member of our P2X Portfolio & Business Intelligence team. This is the centre for our global P2X data and insights, spanning markets, technology, and competitors and is an important element in our project and business development activities. P2X involves the production of green hydrogen and e-fuels using electricity generated by clean sources, such as wind and solar. These technologies will be crucial to achieving the world’s decarbonation goals. The global P2X industry is in exponential growth, and your decisions will shape the future strategy and footprint of our business.
Welcome to Power-to-X (P2X)
You’ll be part of The Portfolio & Business Intelligence team where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of the P2X Commercial Division, which is the growth engine for our P2X business. Our purpose is to set the strategy, understand the market, and develop investment opportunities as part of a balanced portfolio. We assess cutting-edge projects around the globe, dealing directly with many of the world’s largest and most innovative companies to drive new business. As a team, we embrace learning opportunities and support development. Your success will be supported by talented colleagues across P2X and our leading renewable energy generation businesses.
You’ll play an important role in:
- following market developments and collecting intelligence from internal and external sources to identify key issues and trends
- maintaining, validating, consolidating, interpreting, and analysing data about the evolving P2X landscape and extracting key takeaways for senior management
- supporting our modelling on supply, demand, and price forecasts
- proactively executing a systematic data-driven approach to identify and optimise value-creation potential in our Power-to-X projects
- working across our Commercial, Markets, and Projects teams to collect insights and ensure we are making data-led decisions
- delivering insightful analysis and special projects to support decision making within the Senior Leadership team.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are an original thinker, using research, imagination, and logic to develop solutions to first-of-a-kind problems
- are curious and take initiative to understand what insight is truly required to support a decision, so that efforts can be focused on the most impactful analysis
- have excellent written, visual, and oral communication skills, with an eye for detail, as well as the ability to translate data into clear insights
- thrive in a high-performance and fast-growth environment, where rapid changes in the market require the agility and patience to pivot
- have a master’s degree in business, economics, engineering, or similar disciplines, preferably with experience from previous work in the energy sector
- possess an analytical mindset and are able to think critically and quickly grasp new topics with a passion for P2X and new technologies.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 3 February 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Christian Bridge, Head of Market & Business Intelligence, on (Denmark +45) 99556023 from Wednesday to Friday from 14:00-17:00 GMT, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.