Operations and technicians
Imagine a future where you monitor, troubleshoot, and remotely operate a range of generation and transmission assets in the world’s largest offshore wind fleet
Join us in this role where you’ll use our diagnostic tools, processes, and control systems to monitor our offshore wind assets, troubleshooting and remotely operating a range of turbine platforms and substations. As part of a shift of operators, you’ll be responsible for alarm surveillance and response, control and coordination of our power export, and communication and coordination with our sites, traders, grid authorities, and other operations colleagues.
Welcome to Generation Surveillance & Control
You’ll be part of the Generation Surveillance & Control Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure our assets perform safely, in compliance with UK and EU power regulations, and to their maximum availability. You’ll monitor and control generation and transmission assets across the UK and Europe, with new projects under development in the US and APAC. As a team, we work 24/7 to capture understanding and experience from across our international fleet, ensuring we make the best decisions for the health, compliance, and security of all our assets
You’ll play an important role in:
- using diagnostic tools, processes, and control systems to promptly react to a range of events on the assets under the control of the GSCC
- providing expert advice to colleagues regarding WTG operations and BOP alarm management, troubleshooting problems where possible and escalating through diagnostics specialists where required
- handling, assessing, and deploying proactive WTG condition monitoring model events to predict developing failures before they occur
- providing control point services, incl. regulation of wind farms, intertripping services, REMITs/ETRs, trading point services, and condition reporting
- ensuring our company’s HSEQ standards, cyber security rules, and compliance parameters are constantly upheld.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience in power generation, technical system engineering or troubleshooting, or in a control room setting
- have strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills, ideally incl. use of SCADA to develop and deploy remote diagnostic processes
- want to work as part of a 24/7 shift environment with our team of skilled operators
- are proactive and keen to identify and implement improvement initiatives and share best practice across the department
- are a strong communicator and capable of handling multiple high-priority tasks at the same time.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 6 February 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Grant Johnson, Asset Surveillance Manager, on (United Kingdom +44) 7775542454 on Mondays to Fridays from 08:30-16:30 GMT; GMT Standard Time if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.