Engineering and construction
Senior High Voltage Equipment Engineer
Imagine a future where you play a vital role in building and maintaining the electrical transmission systems for our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll provide technical engineering during design, construction, and maintenance of the HV AC transmission systems for our offshore wind farm projects worldwide. As senior high voltage equipment engineer, you’ll develop your project engineering and management skills by supporting us in the delivery and maintenance of the High Voltage (HV) scope for the onshore and offshore substations in HV AC transmission systems.
Welcome to HV AC Equipment & Integrity
You’ll be part of our HV AC Equipment & Integrity team where you, together with your colleagues, will be involved in the entire lifecycle of our offshore wind farm projects, from bid preparation to O&M, incl. design, tendering, procurement, execution, fabrication, inspection, and maintenance of the HV equipment. You’ll interact with a multitude of other engineering disciplines such as electrical system design, SCADA, protection, structural or civil engineering, HV cables, etc., to target the integration of cost-effective, fit-for-purpose, and highly available and reliable systems.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring that quality and progress are in line with our delivery model, project schedules, and budgets
- collaborating and coordinating with HV equipment suppliers, making sure we’re compliant with requirements, incl. the integrity of structural, mechanical, and electrical characteristics and interfaces
- managing technical aspects of the projects in a fast-changing environment, where you’ll create structure and set the direction
- collaborating and coordinating with the project managers, engineers, commercial, etc
- developing technical requirements, evaluating tenders, executing contracts, and making product development with our suppliers for HV AC equipment like transformers, reactors, GIS/AIS switchgear, etc.
To succeed in the role, you:
- understand transmission system design, technology, and how the equipment can be utilised to enable power transmission and improve grid stability and system performance
- have a master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- have leadership, communication, and stakeholder management skills and are good at handling interfaces and collaborating across cultures and functions
- speak and write English fluently and thrive on working in globally distributed teams utilising virtual communication tools with a high degree of diversity, inclusiveness, and equality.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ole Kjaer, Head of HVAC Equipment & Integrity, on (Denmark +45) 99555417 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.