Strategy and business development
(Senior) Venture Analyst
Imagine a future where you shape and drive our innovation agenda by engaging with start-ups and analysing trends in the external ecosystems
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for operationalising key activities in our Ventures & Open Innovation team to execute on our ambition to further leverage innovation in the external ecosystem. You’ll be responsible for identifying and assessing start-ups with key concepts that solve internally defined problems or present future growth opportunities. You’ll also help generate strategic insights and ensure these learnings are cascaded across the organisation to our internal stakeholders.
Welcome to Innovation
You’ll be part of Ventures & Open Innovation where you, together with your colleagues, will follow an impactful and broad agenda focused on strategic innovation and business development. Our mission is to leverage external innovation ecosystems, thereby enabling the organisation to access key solutions and identify next-generation trends. You’ll join a dynamic, international, and collaborative team working in a social environment. Furthermore, you’ll work closely with diverse stakeholders from the organisation across our markets to test the applicability of new concepts internally.
You’ll play an important role in:
- proactively scouting for start-ups and emerging trends in the external ecosystem, maintaining tools to automate scouting, and maintaining a portfolio of start-ups
- screening start-ups and conducting due diligence to assess relevance and attractiveness, and preparing for investment activities
- conducting analysis of trends identified in the external ecosystem to generate strategic insights for the organisation
- representing Ventures & Open Innovation at external conferences and events
- maintaining relations with start-ups and other parties from the external ecosystem.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have completed a university degree and possess some experience from a professional role
- have competencies in both commercial and technical disciplines, e.g., a university degree in business combined with work experience from a technical sector (or vice versa)
- are analytically minded, structured, and detail-oriented and have a proven ability to drive analysis and generate insights independently
- ideally have experience from the start-up ecosystem, either from working in a start-up, a VC, or a corporate innovation unit
- thrive when you meet new people, travel, network, and attend conferences
- have a passion for technology, innovation, collaboration, and renewable energy.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2 January 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Alice Florence Marion Vallienne, Senior Business Developer, on (Denmark +45) 99552569 on Mondays and Tuesdays from 15:00- 18:00CEST, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be attending external events and supporting the rest of the Ventures & Open Innovation department currently located across Denmark, the Netherlands, UK, and the US.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.