Strategy and business development
Lead Innovation Developer, North America Ventures & Open Innovation, Onshore
Imagine a future where you drive the renewable energy revolution forward by shaping our innovation agenda and leading key partnerships and projects
Join us in this role where you’ll help us lead transformational technology and business model changes across our onshore portfolio of wind, solar, and storage. You’ll be responsible for establishing and managing relevant external partners, making venture investment cases, developing ‘moonshot’ pilot projects, and guiding value generation into the core business.
Welcome to Innovation
You’ll be part of Ventures & Open Innovation where you, together with your colleagues, will follow an impactful and broad agenda focused on strategic innovation and business development. Your role in the team will be to lead our Innovation work across our onshore portfolio. You’ll primarily be focused on the needs of North America but will feed into the global innovation program. You’ll join a dynamic, international, and collaborative team working in a social environment
You’ll play an important role in:
- being the onshore innovation lead with external innovation stakeholders across academics, research institutions, start-ups and start-up organizations, corporates, and government
- identifying and assessing emerging start-ups and technologies for potential ‘moonshot’ transformational pilot projects and investment opportunities
- ideating, scoping, pitching, and generating internal stakeholder buy-in and execute pilot projects
- developing and distributing reports on new technologies and trends that will help inform long-term strategic decisions for the onshore business.
- regularly meeting with key internal stakeholders across onshore and offshore to stay informed on global and regional strategies and focus areas
- connecting relevant opportunities across our global portfolio of onshore, offshore, and biofuels assets.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have corporate innovation or corporate venture experience with corporate innovation and venture groups - start-up experience is a plus
- have an understanding of innovation ecosystems and experience working within them across the US – international experience is helpful
- have a solid understanding of and ability to communicate on a broad range of topics related to green energy and clean tech – blue tech is a bonus
- have demonstrated ability and desire to self-manage, take initiative, problem solve, and navigate despite of ambiguity
- have strong organizational skills and experience managing long-term, complex projects from concept to completion.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than January 31, 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
For the positions in New York, the salary range for the role is USD 129,600-145,800.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.