Operations and technicians
SCADA Engineer (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you ensure best-in-class cybersecurity for our offshore wind farms and secure a stable and affordable power supply for Central Europe
Join us in this role where you’ll work with a wide variety of systems which are critical for wind farm operations. You’ll raise the standards for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) cybersecurity, reliability and performance, and experience significant opportunities to expand your knowledge in the area of Offshore Wind Power Plant control systems.
Welcome to HV & Transmission Operations
You’ll be part of OSS - LV - Auxiliary Services where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for analysing and optimising our SCADA, communication, and support systems. You’ll also be the regional focal point for our back-office SCADA support team, driving operational efficiency and seamless communication between systems. Our team consists of technical wind turbine and high voltage experts, and we have a strong, supportive culture of learning and continuous improvement in a flexible working environment.
You’ll play an important role in:
- driving operational excellence through watertight cybersecurity for all our offshore wind sites
- supporting the organisation in implementing new equipment and complex functionality, often in collaboration with other departments and external suppliers
- being responsible for supplier management regarding failure modes and upgrades
- engaging actively with other parts of Operations on cross-departmental projects
- supporting your offshore-based colleagues with expertise, guidance, processes, and other means to enable efficient and safe execution of their SCADA related tasks.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are passionate about physical and online security and proactively intervene to make our workplaces hazard free
- demonstrate strong SCADA and IT knowledge, have a curious mindset, and an innovative approach to problem solving
- have a completed university degree in Electrical Engineering or IT (or similar relevant qualifications) and have experience with SCADA systems and/or networks design, as well as communication protocols and data flow
- have a positive, collaborative, and proactive approach to working with diverse teams across the globe
- possess good communication skills that allow you to achieve results in teams with many stakeholders and enjoy working on complex, challenging, and often ambiguous tasks
- have a proven background in mentoring and coaching others, as well as experience of sharing knowledge with non-technical audiences.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 November 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Peter Engel, HV & Transmission Operation Manager on +49 172 3865058, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.