Engineering and construction
Numerical Product Manager
Imagine a future where state of the art numerical models and products are driving the creation of offshore wind farms and enabling a green transformation
Join us in this role where you, shape the mathematical models and software systems used by domain experts and engineers within the company to design the next generation logistics, layout, and power-to-X solutions. The role allows you to continuously sharpen your product management skills whilst seeing the impact of your deliverables.
Welcome to Numerical Competence Centre
You’ll be part of Modelling Solutions where you, together with your colleagues in Malaysia and across the globe, will optimize the delivery of state-of-the-art digital products with a strong mathematical content to drive the renewable energy transformation. The team’s main task is to ensure continuous delivery of value through good software development practices and continuous alignment with the internal stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- defining the vision and prioritizing needs of in-house modelling software to enable our mission
- using your passion and understanding of people to build impactful products that address customers' needs from different parts of the organization
- motivating and inspiring team members in reaching the clear goals and scoped features
- identifying opportunities within the business where machine learning and mathematical modelling can be used to improve the current processes.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have in-depth knowledge of Agile processes and product management principles
- have good communication, presentation, and leadership skills and business acumen
- have good experience with modelling, statistical methods, and machine learning
- ideally hold a master’s degree or PhD in the natural sciences or a related field, e.g., computer science, physics, mathematics, etc.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 9 OCTOBER 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, , on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.