IT and digital
Cloud Infrastructure Architect with Kubernetes focus
Imagine a future where you use your Kubernetes and cloud expertise to drive the way we’re scaling our microservices architecture
Join us in this role where you’ll lead the Community of Practice and evangelise about container orchestration in our organisation. Hundreds of in-house built and off-the-shelf applications are already hosted in cloud, but there are still many workloads that need refactoring to fit into new multicloud landscape. This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact by simplifying and automating the workflows of a motivated collective of developers.
Welcome to Platforms, Integration and Data IT Product Line
You’ll be part of the Kubernetes team where you, together with your colleagues, will be our voice outside of our department, ensuring best practices and compliance standards are wanted and adhered to, but also designed and built with user needs in mind. You’ll have plenty of occasions to shape Kubernetes-based products and components, collaborate with some great minds, and co-create an exciting DevOps platform. Our work is also about balancing onsite cooperation with keeping remote colleagues in Europe, Malaysia, and USA involved and in the loop. We are open to different seniority levels, so do not hesitate to apply. As a team, we ensure the right direction of Kubernetes platform development by orchestrating the community, introducing new solutions, standardization, and auditing the compliance to standards.
You’ll play an important role in:
- setting and driving the direction for our DevOps platforms transformation in the whole IT organisation and beyond, in close cooperation with architects in cloud, security, and infrastructure teams
- providing K8s and microservices expertise and guidance to our community of practice by inspiring and coordinating new and ongoing initiatives in fields like automation, security, and observability
- strengthening our community of cloud architects and functional specialists by sharing your experiences and contributing with relevant perspectives on the cloud architecture
- identifying and maturing organisational improvements to be prioritised for implementation within CoP and further developing strong stakeholder relations
- supporting continuous delivery together with the DevOps teams.
To succeed in the role, you:
- value outcome more than output
- have designed, built, and maintained Kubernetes clusters, preferably on couple different cloud or on-prem platforms
- have played a key role in one or more cloud transformations
- can discuss cloud architecture, microservices, security at a high level of abstraction and at the same time are able to document details of design in clear manner
- have experience with OT cloud, Purdue network, CI/CD pipelines, or good programming practices.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 August 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Pawel Kropielnicki, Head of Architecture & Security CC, on (+48) 507972013 on Mondays and Fridays from 08:00-16:00 CEST, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.