Strategy and business development
Development Project Director
Imagine a future where you lead the development of our Isle of Man project
Join us in this role where you’ll oversee the Isle of Man offshore wind project, as part of implementing the UK and Ireland growth strategy and delivering on our 2030 ambitions. In this role, you’ll get consent for the project, ensuring its commercial viability and maturation towards construction and operation. Our Isle of Man project has the potential to also carry elements of other technologies in order to be competitive as contributors to system integration.
Welcome to UK Project Development & Programmes
You’ll be part of the Development Programmes team where you, together with your colleagues, will be reporting to the Head of UK PD & Programmes. You’ll be growing and leading the Isle of Man project organisation working closely with the various line organisations such as Environment and Consenting, Regulatory Affairs, Project Development Management, and Engineering.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading and developing a project team of highly skilled colleagues
- uncovering and shaping customer and market needs
- establishing the optimal total energy solution and preparing for its delivery
- creating the optimal route to market and commercial set-up for the project to be successful
- representing the project company towards external stakeholders such as authorities and commercial parties.
To succeed in the role, you:
- thrive on leading a cross-functional team
- have a strong commercial mindset and business case understanding
- have extensive professional experience with project development
- are an excellent negotiator with extensive stakeholder management experience
- want to explore new solutions to challenges.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 7 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Henriette Holm, Head of Project Development & Programmes, on (Denmark +45) 99557657, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.