IT and digital
Platform Developer to build Internal Developer Platform
Imagine a future where you accelerate the adoption of new and innovative technologies, transforming our ways of working with technology
Join us in this role where you’ll be building up an internal developer platform that empowers software developers across Ørsted to build secure quality products with a fast time to market. Our internal developer platform consists of off-the-shelf components, customised open-source components, and an API layer. The platform developer is not only ensuring that the platform and its components are delivered according to software engineering, security, quality, and operations standards, following established best practices, but also that the platform provides a great developer experience. You’ll take an active role in evaluating use cases and selecting platform components.
Welcome to Architecture & Technology Incubator
Incubator is a dynamic, curious, and skilled team driving the adoption of new technologies in Ørsted and supporting highly innovative business cases. As part of the Incubator team, you’ll be maturing, productionizing, and offering innovative technologies to the entire organisation to transform the way we generate value. You’ll collaborate with development teams on a design of platform APIs and will be responsible for their implementation and documentation, providing enough guidelines and examples to streamline the adoption. In this position, you’re also responsible for platform operations, making sure that platform services are running and providing value to the end users.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing, developing, and maintaining platform component customizations and APIs, considering security, quality, and operability aspects
- automating the delivery process of platform components, through scripting and CI/CD pipelines
- ensuring consistent, high-quality deliveries of platform components, e.g., configuration, code quality, security, performance, and documentation
- evangelizing for awareness and adoption of Ørsted Developer Platform and collaborating with platform users on defining platform APIs and building quality tooling and infrastructure that adds value to development teams
- supporting platform users in the adoption of the platform, e.g., components, APIs, etc.
- ensuring that platform components and APIs evolve with platform users’ needs
- deciding on component implementation such as internal design, tests, CI/CD pipelines, and code structure.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience with DevOps and CI/CD concepts
- have experience with writing code and scripting or automation, e.g., Shell, Terraform, Python and/or Go
- have experience with web development frameworks, e.g., ReactJS and Angular, and with monitoring of complex platforms, e.g., using Grafana, Prometheus stack, and/or Splunk
- have experience with documenting API contract specification, e.g., OpenAPI or Swagger
- have experience with identity provider such as AzureAD and integrations such as OAuth/SAML, SCIM, etc.
- are a good collaborator and have strong communication skills for engaging with developers at all levels.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 7 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Martin Froeling Pedersen, Head of Architecture & Technology CC, on (Denmark +45) 99555579 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.