Engineering and construction
Senior Cable/CPS Project Engineer (Quality Assurance)
Imagine a future where you’re part of one of our challenging offshore projects and responsible for the quality of the submarine cables and cable protection system
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for quality control during the manufacturing of high-voltage array/export cables or cable protection system (CPS) and cable termination work. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of experienced engineers, and you’ll be cooperating closely with colleagues across Europe, the US, and the APAC.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of our diverse HV Cables Project Engineering team where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure the quality during the design, manufacturing, termination, and testing of high-voltage array/export cables or CPS in an exciting project. We’re a team of 17 engineers where we share complementary skills and a common commitment to deliver work to a high standard.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the design, manufacturing, and testing (quality assurance) of cable or CPS products and related accessories
- supporting the preparation or review of QAS, QAP, PQP, and ITP in accordance with our quality requirements and product-relevant IEC standards
- reviewing Non-Conformity Reports (NCRs) and Manufacturing Record Books (MRBs) and witnessing cable or CPS testing in labs and factories around the world
- ensuring the proposed technical solution is in line with international standards, internal best practices, and contractual requirements
- ensuring correct quality processes are in place and are followed at the various manufacturing facilities, including monitoring factory upgrades, qualification testing, and manufacturing progress
- managing interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or an equivalent technical education
- have experience in a continuous manufacturing process combined with ISO9001 and HSE awareness in an industrial/construction sector
- are familiar with high-voltage equipment in general, including cables and accessories (voltage level 33-400 kV or beyond). Electrical testing experience in accordance with IEC60502, IEC60840, IEC62067 will be positively evaluated
- are willing to travel internationally, sometimes on short notice
- are familiar with mechanical testing of submarine cables or CPS
- are an excellent communicator who speaks and writes English fluently, are familiar with Microsoft Office packages, and are solution-oriented.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 23-07-2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Hew Yin Leow, External Consultant, on +60165924727 on from - if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be interfacing with cable suppliers either in the US, Europe or Asia region and visiting your team in either London, Gentofte, Skærbæk or Kuala Lumpur.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.