Engineering and construction
Senior LV Power Engineer
Imagine a future where you unleash your potential and contribute to the design and execution of our high voltage AC and DC substations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the design, quality assurance, and integration of the LV and utility components into onshore and offshore substations from the conceptual phase to detailed design and execution. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in the development of innovative technical solutions and in assisting our Operations and Maintenance team (O&M).
Welcome to Power Transmission
You’ll be part of the Electrical & Mechanical Substations Engineering team where you, together with your talented and dedicated colleagues, will contribute to the design, sourcing, integration, and execution of the LV scopes within high voltage AC and DC substations both onshore and offshore. You’ll be part of a diverse team that virtues collaboration and knowledge sharing, as talent win games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for verifying the design of LV and utility systems on offshore and onshore substations during all phases from concept to FAT
- participating in project team meetings and proactively cooperating and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
- taking ownership and delivering technical specifications, employer requirements, and design basis and verifying calculations associated with the LV and utility components for both ONSS and OSS
- ensuring the review of technical documentation provided by the contractors
- ensuring that the deliverables from engineering, fabrication, and principal contractors have the right quality according to requirements
- participating in FAT/SAT of main LV and utility systems on onshore and offshore substations to support supervision and commissioning activities as well as handover to our O&M team.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience with technical design requirements for LV and utilities (incl. fire alarm system, UPS, lighting system, monitoring systems, switchboard, power management system, etc.), preferably within offshore substations or offshore oil and gas projects
- are curious and open for new ways of working with new design processes and able to collaborate with your team members and all stakeholders
- have hands-on experience with tools like ETAP, PowerFactory, DIALux, and ePLAN and extensive experience with relevant international standards
- have a relevant degree in electrical engineering and are interested in working with electrical design for onshore and offshore substations
- have hands-on experience with LV power system design and studies, calculations, equipment sizing, and specifications.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-05-31. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.