IT and digital
GIS Application Consultant
Imagine a future where you support and implement a world-class GIS system which is a vital component in our wind farm operations
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a global team, dedicated to provide GIS services to the construction and operation of our offshore and onshore wind farms. Ørsted is currently going through an important transformation, moving from an on-premise to a cloud solution where you’ll be able to develop in the job position.
Welcome to The Engineering ART
You’ll be part of the Trading, Integration & Middleware Competence Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will focus on implementing and maintaining our Esri GIS platform as well as maintaining our portfolio of existing GIS applications. We work in global agile scrum team in close cooperation with our business GIS users. We’re spread across borders, with team members in Denmark, Malaysia, and now also in our Warsaw office. We offer flexibility and value the opportunity of being onsite at our office regularly in order to build a strong team culture.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling daily operations on our Esri-based GIS platform deployed in Azure including supporting business GIS specialists
- engaging with business stakeholders to clarify and document requirements
- administering our portfolio of existing Esri-based GIS application
- administering, maintaining, monitoring, and improving a world-class GIS infrastructure to support global business requirements
- configuring and documenting new GIS applications and mobile GIS apps
- working closely with the product owner and ensure that ArcGIS Enterprise is documented as part of overall Ørsted IT Landscape.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an academic degree at bachelor level or higher within IT, computer science, engineering, or natural science
- have extensive experience with the Esri platform and maintaining Enterprise (Portal, ArcGIS Server, Geodatabases, Datastores) and ArcGIS online, where Esri certificates are an advantage
- have experience with scripting and automating task related to ArcGIS enterprise and ArcGIS Pro
- can trouble shoot GIS Applications and identify issues related to GIS, Infrastructure, and other integration
- thrive in an international environment where you find it natural to be a strong team player with a strong sense for stakeholder management
- have excellent English verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to articulate business and technical requirements for end-users.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 June 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Henning Leo Petersen, Head of Data Mgt, GIS & Integrations CC, on (Denmark +45) 99552549 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.