Engineering and construction
Senior CPS Project Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re part of one of our challenging offshore projects and responsible for the design and quality of the cable protection systems
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the engineering of cable protection systems (CPSs) and interacting directly with the CPS supplier and different internal stakeholders to manage relevant interfaces. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of experienced engineers, and you’ll be cooperating closely with colleagues across Europe, the US, and APAC.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of our diverse HV Cables Project Engineering team where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure the quality during the design, manufacturing, and testing of cable protection systems in an exciting project. We’re a team of 17 engineers where we share complementary skills and a common commitment in getting work delivered to a high standard.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the design, manufacturing, and testing of CPSs and related interfaces
- ensuring that the CPS supply package is on time, on budget, and, most importantly, in compliance with the technical requirements and highest quality standards
- ensuring that the proposed technical solution is in line with international standards, internal best practices, and contractual requirements
- supporting the procurement team in evaluating technical compliance of various CPSs on design, testing, installability, and reliability of the CPS to protect the cable system during its lifetime
- ensuring the suitability of technical solutions across all functional areas such as installation, foundations, scour protection, cable supply, etc., and managing interfaces with internal and external stakeholders
- overseeing and reviewing Ultimate Limit State (ULS) and Fatigue Limit State (FLS) analysis of the cable system, including reviewing designs and technical proposals from supplier.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering at a minimum
- have extensive experience working for a cable protection system supplier, an umbilical supplier, an oil and gas company, or a consultancy company on flexible pipelines or flexible risers
- have a proven background in both technical and commercial aspects related to dynamic cables, umbilicals, flexible pipelines, flexible risers, protection systems, or buoyancy modules
- have detailed knowledge of ULS/FLS analysis and ISO standards for polyurethane-based bend stiffeners/restrictors, as well as in-depth knowledge about Orcaflex and fatigue assessments of subsea cables, flexible pipelines, or flexible risers
- thrive working in an international environment and are able to communicate and create good relationships with your stakeholders in English, both oral and written form
- can contribute to solving challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation, and have a structured, service-minded, and flexible approach to your tasks.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 27 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.