Engineering and construction
Senior Structural Engineer
Imagine a future where you play a key role in developing and designing our U.S. offshore wind farm foundations
Join us in this role where you’ll design structural components for substructures for offshore wind turbines from the conceptual phase to detailed design and through fabrication and installation. In collaboration with your colleagues, you’ll provide technical guidance and make decisions for our U.S. asset projects, including proactively ensuring high quality and innovative design of our structures.
Welcome to Structures & Loads
You’ll be part of Secondary Structures team in the Structures and Loads department, where you, together with your colleagues, will constantly improve on methods, tools, and best practices for the design of substructure details such as platforms, flanges, boat landings, ladders, etc. You will be working with colleagues in the US and Denmark as well as the UK, Germany, and Asia.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing, calculating, and documenting structural components
- the development of best practices, calculation methods, and calculation tools
- working with CAD technicians and helping them create and develop drawings and 3D models
- implementing lessons learned and new solutions
- inspecting your own design work at production sites and offshore installation sites
- being one of our licensed U.S. professional engineers who’ll be responsible for the stamped primary structures portion of deliverables to BOEM
- developing trust in US engineering activities by following up on design work, facilitating design review meetings, attending project meetings and technical discussions, and performing QA of deliverables
- replying to technical queries from the design team, primarily based in Europe, in relation to applicable U.S. regulatory requirements and design standards (CFR, USCG, OSHA, API, AISC, AWEA, ISO, etc.)
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant degree in engineering, for example within civil or mechanical engineering
- are a licensed professional engineer for one or more states or are eligible for licensure within 12 months of hire
- have a good sense of optimised design of steel structures and a good understanding of production-friendly design as well as some experience with the design of structures exposed to fatigue
- have detailed knowledge of the design of steel and reinforced concrete structures
- have detailed knowledge of FE modelling in ANSYS or a similar FE program
- speak and write English fluently
- have strong communication skills and that you thrive on being proactive in relation to your colleagues across a geographically scattered organisation.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than July 18, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.