IT and digital
Senior Technology Consultant (Linux/Unix)
Imagine a future where you play an important role in ensuring the safety and operations of our critical IT infrastructure that directly supports the business
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the operations and maintenance of the Linux/Unix platforms. In this role, you’ll deliver your competences to our Agile Product teams.
Welcome to Infrastructure and Service Operation
You’ll be part of Enterprise Infrastructure IPL where you, together with your colleagues, will maintain and govern the Linux/Unix platforms across IT design, planning, and the execution of key lifecycle management activities. You’ll be an integral part of international team with competent and committed colleagues who’ll support you along the way.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling incident management by investigating and resolving problems, inefficiencies, and performance issues
- supporting and setting up server environments, incl. security configuration, backups, and monitoring as per existing policies and standards
- managing and scanning the overall Linux/Unix server health and functionality
- performing system tuning and optimisations for future growth and performance requirements
- addressing and remediating issues raised during security or health scans, as well as identifying and reporting on governance violations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have solid experience with the Linux/Unix environment, maintaining or modifying operating systems, operating system software, and associated hardware
- have experience with Oracle Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- have experience with VMware, HP hardware, Red Hat Satellite 6, and Red Hat IDM
- have an understanding of the Azure cloud platform
- have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills and have demonstrated customer interaction skills and teamwork competences.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 January 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michal Zdanowski, Head of Infrastructure & SO, on (Poland +48) 573790082 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.