Engineering and construction
Grid Connection Manager
Imagine a future where you’ll be creating a world that runs entirely on green energy by integrating our offshore wind farms into the Taiwan grid
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for ensuring the grid connection of our offshore wind farms, based out of our Taipei office.
Welcome to APAC Project Development & Programmes
You’ll be part of APAC Technical Development & Support where you, together with your colleagues, will manage the grid connection processes, including reviewing and preparing electrical system design reports, liaising with Taipower and key state agency stakeholders to understand technical and commercial implications, and verifying grid code compliance. Moreover, you’ll participate in relevant project meetings and cooperate with other team members on shared issues working in a global team. You’ll also keep track of risks and problems and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing the overall electrical system for our offshore wind farms together with our design team in Europe
- relaying information about local conditions for grid connection to members of the project team
- ensuring the electrical design is compliant with the Taiwanese electrical grid code and requirements
- engaging with the transmission system operator Taipower to understand their perspectives and negotiate the best technical and commercial solution
- following grid developments regarding capacity and supporting other projects and business development in Taiwan.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree in electrical engineering
- understand power system studies and simulation tools like PowerFactory, PSCAD, or PSS/E
- have a clear understanding of the electrical grid codes and connection processes of renewable energy in Taiwan, and preferably have experience in communicating with Taipower
- speak and write English and Mandarin fluently
- have a result-oriented and analytical approach to your work and enjoy working both independently and together with your international colleagues and business partners.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 3/1/2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations TW, , on talentacquisitionTW@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll join meetings with Taipower, project partners, and other grid-related stakeholders as well as visit sites to acquire necessary information and ensure compliance.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.