Operations and technicians
Imagine a future where you monitor, troubleshoot, and remotely operate a range of generation and transmission assets in the world’s largest offshore wind fleet
Join us in this role where you’ll use our diagnostic tools, processes, and control systems to monitor our offshore wind assets, troubleshooting and remotely operating a range of turbine platforms and substations. As part of a shift of operators, you’ll be responsible for alarm surveillance and response, control and coordination of our power export, and communication and coordination with our sites, traders, grid authorities, and other operations colleagues.
Welcome to Global Surveillance & Support
You’ll be part of the Control & Monitoring Centre (CMC) where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure our assets perform safely, in compliance with UK and EU power regulations, and to their maximum availability. You’ll monitor and control generation and transmission assets across the UK and Europe, with new projects under development in the US and APAC.
You’ll play an important role in:
- using diagnostic tools, processes, and control systems to promptly react to a range of events on the assets under the control of the CMC
- providing expert advice to colleagues regarding WTG operations and BOP alarm management – diagnosing problems where possible and escalating through diagnostics specialists where required
- providing control point services, including regulation of wind farms, intertripping services, REMITs/ETRs, trading point services, and condition reporting
- ensuring our company’s QHSE standards, cyber security rules, and compliance parameters are constantly upheld.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience from a control room function – either in the wind industry or other power generation
- have strong diagnostic skills, including use of SCADA to develop and deploy remote diagnostic processes
- want to work as part of a 24/7 shift environment with our ambitious team of operators
- are proactive and keen to identify and implement improvement initiatives and share best practice across the department
- are a strong communicator and capable of handling multiple high-priority tasks at the same time.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 22 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact James Robertson, Head of Control & Monitoring Centre, on +447810658161 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.