Strategy and business development
Land & Property Manager
Join us in this role where you’ll design and implement land strategy, support engagement with landowners, utilities and statutory bodies, and negotiate the legal agreements required to deliver our energy projects. There are opportunities for the right candidates to work in offshore wind, onshore wind, solar, bioenergy, and energy storage and support the negotiation and management of legal agreements to enable relationship building, cooperation, and coexistence with other competing projects and utility undertakers.
Welcome to UK Land & Property
You’ll be part of the UK Land & Property team where you, together with your colleagues, will work across the region, supporting new developments and new technologies, plus manage our existing portfolio of green energy and real estate assets. As part of our aspiration to become the world’s leading green energy major by 2030, we’ve identified the need for talented individuals with all levels of experience in property, utilities, and energy engineering to help us secure the land and manage the long-term relationships required to construct, operate, and maintain our projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- advising projects on land use, implementation of agreements, compliance with requirements, and best practice
- managing lawyers and consultants undertaking deals on the company’s behalf
- securing agreements and managing engagement with utility companies, land agents, and other developers during construction
- personally handling high-value or high-risk negotiations
- delivering and exercising compulsory powers over land.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree or professional qualification in surveying, estate management, agriculture, engineering, law, or similar
- have experience working on large projects
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- have excellent communication skills and are able to speak and write English fluently
- thrive in a collegiate environment and are able to create strong relationships with your team and a wide range of external stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 27 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations UK, the Operations team, on talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be building relationships with colleagues and third parties, conducting negotiations, and sharing lessons learned with stakeholders across a number of projects around the UK and Ireland.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.