Strategy and business development
Land & Property Manager
Imagine a future where you’ll play a key role in supporting the green energy transformation in Scotland, securing land agreements across the region and managing the relationships to consent, construct, and operate projects
Join us in this role where you’ll support new developments and new technologies, plus manage our existing portfolio of green energy and real estate assets. You’ll help us secure the land and manage the long-term relationships required to construct, operate, and maintain our projects.
This role based in our Edinburgh office will be an opportunity to grow relationships with colleagues throughout the global business and to work on the real estate aspects of projects in the company's growth pipeline.
Welcome to UK Land & Property
You’ll be part of the UK Land & Property team where you, together with your colleagues, will work across the region and help acquire the land and rights required. You’ll work closely with colleagues in offshore and onshore teams supporting site selection and scoping. You’ll take responsibility for early and positive engagement with stakeholders and negotiate and manage the agreements required to deliver new and innovative energy projects in Scotland and further afield.
You’ll play an important role in:
- building new relationships with colleagues across the business on property requirements and with key external stakeholders
- managing lawyers and consultants undertaking deals on the company’s behalf
- delivering the land required for new green energy projects on time and on budget
- advising on the use of statutory and compulsory powers to access land
- personally handling high-value or high-risk negotiations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree or professional qualification in surveying, estate management, agriculture, or similar
- have experience working on long-term and complex projects
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- have excellent communication skills and are able to speak and write English fluently
- thrive in a collegiate environment, and are able to create strong relationships with your team and a wide range of external stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 27 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations UK, , on talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be working with teams based throughout the UK and Ireland. You can expect to spend time working in our London office and other sites and locations in the region depending on your tasks and projects.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.