Engineering and construction
Geophysicist/Senior Geophysicist for offshore survey management
Imagine a future where you can use your geoscience skills to deliver value at speed and get a chance to impact the green transition of the world
Join us in this role where you’ll contribute to leading our department into the next decade of the offshore wind geophysical survey industry. As a geophysicist/senior geophysicist, you’ll be responsible for the geophysical survey aspects in all project phases and experience how the offshore wind power business looks from the front line.
Welcome to Site Investigation
You’ll be part of the Geophysical Surveys team where you, together with your colleagues, will handle the technical management of the geophysical surveys and challenge the survey industry standards by constantly striving for continuous improvements and innovative thinking. The Geophysical Surveys team consists of 14 dedicated people who design and execute high-quality geophysical surveys in order to support the engineering challenges and regulatory requirements in our projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for designing geophysical surveys, including preparation of technical material, participation in kick-off meetings with various contractors, mobilisations, and port calls
- being responsible for managing survey operations and contractor deliveries, including vessel calls, weekly processing meetings with contractors, and data quality assurance
- being responsible for driving quality into the acquired data and maximising the value of this through proactive stakeholder engagement
- joining a project-specific site investigation team consisting of project managers, geophysical assessment engineers, geotechnical engineers, and construction managers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have some offshore experience within shallow geophysical data acquisition, including bathymetry, side-scan sonar, magnetometer, and shallow seismic methods
- have some experience with managing geophysical pre-construction and UXO/EOD surveys (preferably within the renewables industry)
- have a relevant degree within earth sciences complemented by strong GIS skills
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey your messages smoothly and efficiently to your stakeholders
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks and thrive on being in a changing working environment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 08 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jeppe Bloch Lauridsen, Head of Geophysical Surveys, on +4599554757 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be participating in kick-off meetings with various contractors, mobilisations, and port calls, processing meetings, close-out meetings, and internal team meetings and seminars.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.