Engineering and construction
Senior Planning and Risk Management Specialist for offshore wind projects
Imagine a future where you combine your project planning and risk management skills to successfully develop and execute projects in one of the world’s fastest growing markets
Join us in this role where you’ll put your project controls competences into practice to support the project organisation in developing, maintaining, and analysing time schedules and human resource plans. You’ll also drive the project risk management processes and communicate the risk strategy to the project team and stakeholders. For both disciplines, you’ll be developing and implementing standardised processes, tools, and templates in our offshore wind projects.
Welcome to Planning, Risk & Integration Management
You’ll be part of a team of highly skilled specialists in a matrix organisation where you, together with your colleagues, will support our offshore wind projects in North America, backed by a strong global competence centre. We offer a position in an international working environment with opportunities for professional and personal development, where we’re passionate about making an impact by providing the best possible support for our projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- driving the time and human resource planning in our projects as well as developing, maintaining, and controlling time schedules
- carrying out progress updates and communicating progress, performance, and forecasts on a regular basis while also preparing scenarios and performing various schedule analyses, e.g. critical path analysis
- implementing and managing the processes of risk management, including identifying risks, performing qualitative and quantitative analyses, planning risk responses, and monitoring and controlling risks
- planning risk management, training risk owners in risk management, and proactively working to develop risk mitigation actions in the project teams to reduce project risk exposure
- using your professional and personal skills and insights to prepare reports and analyses to support management decision-making within the project.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT, finance, engineering, or an equivalent qualification, providing a strong foundation in statistics or decision theory
- have solid experience with planning and risk management of large-scale EPC projects, preferably within the offshore industry, and can draw on knowledge and competences equivalent to PMI-SP and PMI-RMP
- have excellent communication skills, enabling you to present and communicate complex matters in a professional and straightforward way
- thrive in an international environment and possess interpersonal skills enabling you to build good relationships with your stakeholders
- have a proactive, structured, and analytical approach to your work and a good sense of detail and data quality.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 01 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Anders Berthelsen, Manager, on +4599554364 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.