Engineering and construction
Electrical Project Manager (electrical system)
Imagine a future where you play a key role in delivering the energisation of our offshore pipeline
Join us in this role where you’ll be delivering a complete installed and commissioned electrical system, ensuring that the technical solution meets all requirements for the overall wind power plant design, from the wind turbine to the grid connection point.
Welcome to Electrical Project Management
You’ll be part of Electrical Project Management Execution where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver the electrical system work scope to ensure the integrity of the offshore wind farms’ electrical systems.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading a team responsible for the management of the design, installation, and commissioning of the electrical systems package (SCADA, protection, and HV components)
- leading the management of risks: health and safety, programmes, cost, quality, and compliance with specifications across the electrical systems package
- ensuring that the business case targets for the electrical systems package scope are realised
- coordinating electrical systems package requirements with all relevant packages to ensure optimised technical and commercial solutions and smooth transition to close-out, including O&M
- leading the management of external stakeholders, such as transmission owners and local authorities
- contributing to the strategic and operational development of the Electrical Project Management function.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s or bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- have project management competences equivalent to IPMA level A/B and/or PMI PMP
- have exceptional leadership, communication, stakeholder management, and negotiation skills, and have excellent commercial understanding
- are able to prioritise and execute your tasks in order to meet deadlines
- have substantial relevant project experience from a matrix organisation within transmission systems, utility scale generation, and/or large construction projects.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 4 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark and the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact Joanna Carter, Head of Electrical Project Execution, on +447384799853 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.