Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior Legal Counsel
Imagine a future where you work with the most exiting competition law-related issues of strategic significance for our business
Join us in this role where you’ll become Senior Legal Counsel in the Legal Competition & Tender Law team where you’ll be responsible for providing high-quality and commercially tailored legal advice on M&A transactions, strategic joint ventures, corporate PPAs, bid preparations, and sourcing contracts across our global footprint.
Welcome to Group Legal, Legal Competition & Tender Law & Financial Regulation
You’ll be part of Group Legal, Legal Competition & Tender Law where you, together with your colleagues, will provide competition law support for all business activities related to the company.
You’ll play an important role in:
- advising on competition law-related matters in new and existing markets
- giving legal input to the preparation of offshore wind bid submissions
- conducting internal education and maintaining the dawn raid response programmes
- handling merger approval procedures, including managing external legal advisers
- identifying legal risks and assisting the transaction teams in coming up with solutions for risk management.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales with experience with EU competition law and US antitrust law
- have solid experience within competition law with a focus on transactional work, preferably from a major law firm or from a large company
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- possess outstanding written and oral communication skills
- can work independently and have the ability to work under pressure and to quickly adapt to changing circumstances, including working across several jurisdictions
- have experience with international transactions outside of your home jurisdiction, and you strive to build your knowledge of how the business operates and become a trusted adviser.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 9 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Pernille Hollerup, Head of Legal Competition & Tender Law, on +4599552052 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.