Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior Public Affairs Advisor, Socioeconomics
Imagine a future where you help to demonstrate and strengthen the socioeconomic benefits of renewable energy projects and work to create a world that runs entirely on green energy
Green energy has tremendous potential as a catalyst for socioeconomic development by contributing to thriving local economies, creating jobs, and building skills that are future-proof in an equitable, carbon-neutral economy. Join us in this role where you’ll be our global focal point for how we demonstrate and further strengthen our socioeconomic contribution. You’ll do this by identifying best practice concepts, developing data points and thought leadership content, and leveraging this in customer and stakeholder engagement.
Welcome to Global Public Affairs & Sustainability Solutions
You’ll be part of Global Public Affairs in the Global Public Affairs & Sustainability Solutions department, which comprises public affairs, communications, and sustainability specialists. We work closely with colleagues in our regional offices as well as commercial or shared functions such as project and market development, sustainability, regulatory affairs, and branding. We offer an international and thriving working environment with plenty of opportunities to make an impact and grow your competences at the same time.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and executing our global strategy to position our company as a thought leader and demonstrating to customers/stakeholders that we’re committed to positive socioeconomic impacts where we build our projects
- identifying key impact areas for our socioeconomic contribution as well as existing initiatives and best practice examples, conceptualising programmatic initiatives, and sharing across the organisation
- defining quantitative metrics for measuring direct and indirect points of socioeconomic development such as job creation and workforce upskilling and assessing other potential data points
- supporting our regional offices in their dialogue on job impacts with customers and stakeholders by providing data points and communication materials as needed
- engaging global stakeholders such as international unions, making our voice heard in global fora when focus is on socioeconomic impacts, and advising top management on positioning and messaging.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strategic orientation that allows you to proactively identify medium and long-term priorities and translate them into short-term actions
- have insights into global or national stakeholder landscapes when it comes to the socioeconomic impacts from the transition to a carbon-neutral economy, and you have strong stakeholder engagement competences
- are analytical and pay attention to detail but with the ability to translate detailed knowledge into innovative policy asks
- have excellent written and verbal top-down communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Rasmus Nikolaj Due Skov, Head of Global PA & Sust. Solutions, on +4599559049 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.