Engineering and construction
Module Technical Manager for Cable Supply and Termination
Imagine a future where you're responsible for managing the sourcing of Array Cable and Termination contracts
Join us in this role where you’ll be engaging with the supply chain in interesting development projects, developing new technologies, and running tenders for our global pipeline.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of Array Cable Managers team where you, together with your colleagues, will secure cable contracts in accordance with international cable standards, our internal technical requirements, and industry best practices. The Array Cable Managers department is part of Engineering under EPC, delivering supply and termination of array cables across our global portfolio. The department is made up of skilled and dedicated people providing project management and cable engineering competences across all stages of the projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- reporting progress of activities within the module and supporting the Project Technical Manager in the preparation of monthly reports
- preparing and maintaining the module master documents, generic technical requirements, and technical notes within the module
- supporting the Project Technical Manager in the sourcing projects, interface alignment, risk assessments, development of levers, supplier quality management, and supplier performance
- providing technical support to the offshore wind farms in the early development phases and bid processes, ensuring high quality standards and competitive cable designs
- participating in the preparation of the array cable supply tenders review, and ensuring that the supplier offers are of the correct quality and within scope and budget
- leading the tender negotiations with the various suppliers and ensuring all stakeholders are properly involved in the discussions until the contract signature.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics or similar
- have experience within high-voltage cables and accessories, experience with submarine cable systems and cable manufacturing will be an advantage
- have a problem solving attitude, teamworking spirit, and an outgoing personality
- speak and write English fluently, and have an international mindset
- preferably have experience with project leadership or tender processes.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 July 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Simone Pagliuca, Manager, on +4599557336 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting suppliers and office locations across Europe, the US and APAC. However, we pride ourselves on having a strong family and life friendly ethos and approach to our ways of working.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.