Engineering and construction
(Senior) Power System Engineer focused on performance of new technologies
Imagine a future where you’re developing our power system solutions for large-scale offshore wind farms and other converter-based generations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the development of new solutions and assess the power system performance of existing and new converter-based technologies, such as wind turbines and batteries, to meet the future requirements for our offshore wind farms.
Welcome to Electrical System Design & Grid Integration
You’ll be part of the Power System Solutions team consisting of a diverse and highly specialised team of power system engineers. You, together with your colleagues, will ensure that our wind farms are being integrated into transmission grids globally, and you’ll be part of a department that’s key to the strategy of expanding and ensuring integration of our large-scale offshore wind farms.
You’ll play an important role in:
- investigating and analysing new technologies and features in relation to grid connection and overall electrical power system performance
- performing power system studies on manufacturer provided models and the overall wind farm, including dynamic and transient analysis, as well as stability and harmonic studies
- benchmarking and validating system performance of new technologies, commercial simulation models, and other specifications, such as for wind turbines, batteries, or other converter-based components
- participating in technical risk assessment and technology qualification of the above mentioned
- developing standardised methodology frameworks and boundary conditions, enabling the continuous evaluation of model development and system performance across technologies and suppliers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in electrical engineering within the field of power systems
- have experience with electrical system design and analysis using simulation tools such as DIgSILENT PowerFactory, PSCAD, and PSS/E and programming experience in Python
- have knowledge within advanced power system studies related to stability, harmonics, transients, etc.
- understand power system control, stability, and operation aspects with renewable generation, having experience within wind turbines or converter design is an advantage
- are flexible, adaptive, and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment, whilst maintaining a proactive, result-oriented, and systematic approach to you work tasks
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ana Odile Gadea Capiscol, Team Lead, on +4599558229 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Between 9-14 September, it will not be possible to apply for jobs with us due to technical maintenance.