Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Head of Permitting, Environment and Marine Affairs
Imagine a future where you run the department responsible for permitting, maritime, and environmental elements for our US offshore wind energy projects
Join us in this role where you’ll support and guide projects through all phases of the permitting process, while at the same time growing a group of diverse and skilled managers to perform at the highest standard and achieve excellence in their own teams. You’ll furthermore engage with the Global Centre of Environmental Excellence to ensure wider industry lessons learned are applied across projects and the global Ørsted offshore portfolio.
Welcome to Permitting, Environment and Marine Affairs
You’ll be part of a dynamic team where you, together with your colleagues, will promote and educate on permitting, compliance, and maritime aspects to internal and external stakeholders. You’ll work with colleagues internally in Corporate Affairs, Development EPC, and Operations and externally in consultation with regulatory authorities and stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing cross-departmental and strategic workstreams and initiatives while driving quality, standardization, and efficiency of the deliverables from the department to fit business priorities
- ensuring excellent leadership and people management, supporting managers to recruit and secure the right level of competencies
- ensuring robust and efficient regulatory authority and key stakeholder engagement across the US projects to safeguard the pipeline perspective
- briefing our North America Senior Leadership team on environmental, permit, and maritime issues working alongside Corporate Affairs to provide prioritization of high-risk permit and maritime areas that require regulatory and political strategy management to de-risk current and future pipelines
- providing excellent guidance and input to Project Development (including bids), EPC, and Operations to ensure smooth handovers and maintain compliance and QHSE standards across all disciplines.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have knowledge of US regulations and policies, as well as relationships with decision-makers, policymakers, and state and federal authorities
- have exceptional stakeholder management abilities with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire in a high-pressure environment
- are an experienced people manager with a passion for leading and developing teams
- have experience working in a matrix organization with a cross cultural profile and demonstrable experience of leading leaders
- are a trustworthy and impactful communicator with the ability to maintain a detailed dialogue internally and externally, as well as the ability to proactively manage risks and adapt in a changing environment
- preferably have experience with offshore or coastal permitting in the US and have existing relationships with federal and state regulatory authorities.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than May 23, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel to US office locations and internationally.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.