Finance and controlling
Lead Financial Controller
Imagine a future where your part of the controlling team ensuring excellent financial reporting by leveraging business knowledge and process optimisation.
Join us in this role where you’ll be Lead Financial Controller and responsible for the financial controlling of a number of our legal entities, including the controlling of the month-end close, statutory accounts, joint venture reporting, managing the audit process, and performing internal controls.
Welcome to Ørsted Business Services (ØBS)
You’ll be part of Financial Accounting & Controlling where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering standardised, high-quality, and timely reporting to our Group. We work with accounting, reporting, and controlling as one function across the Group, so you’ll be involved in cross-company activities and projects and supporting this establishment in our Kuala Lumpur hub.
You’ll play an important role in:
- contributing to technical accounting research and policy-setting, including implementing and monitoring compliance with IFRS and Local GAAP (Taiwan GAAP, Japanese GAAP, South Korean GAAP examples)
- being responsible for the financial controlling and reporting of the majority of our APAC entities
- being responsible to periodic APAC GAAP reporting for internal and external users and interface with external auditors of Local GAAP financial statements
- ensuring high quality service to and solid collaboration with local business finance and joint venture partners
- driving the continuous optimisation of processes in close dialogue with colleagues and management
- driving and ensuring the implementation of our standard financial processes, and acting as local guide and contact person for the financial accounting and controlling team.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience working in a public accounting firm or an accounting department in an international company
- have thorough knowledge of Local GAAP and IFRS, both from a theoretical point of view, and from a practical operational point of view
- communicate clearly in writing especially about financial issues and in English and with an additional third language of Mandarin to support our Taiwan office
- speak and write English at an academic level
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues as well as the ability to handle information you receive critically.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 6 March 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, on +60392124256 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do travelling in relation to your work, as you may be required to travel on case to case basis.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.