Engineering and construction
Grid Connection Manager
Imagine a future where you’ll be contributing to creating a world that runs entirely on green energy by integrating our massive offshore wind farms into the Japanese grid together with highly professional colleagues
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for ensuring the grid connection of our offshore wind farms, based out of our Tokyo office.
Welcome to APAC Project Development & Programmes
You’ll be part of APAC Technical Development & Support where you, together with your colleagues, will manage the grid connection processes, including reviewing and preparing electrical system design reports, liaising with the local power grid and key stakeholders to understand technical and commercial implications, and verifying grid code compliance. Moreover, you’ll participate in relevant project meetings and cooperate with other team members on shared issues working in and with a global team. You’ll also keep track of risks and problems and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing the overall electrical power transmission system from the onshore substation to the offshore wind turbines together with our design team in Europe
- liaising with members of the project team in relation to the full offshore and onshore electrical system
- ensuring the electrical design is compliant with the Japanese electrical grid code and requirements
- engaging with the grid operators in Japan to understand their perspectives and ensure the best technical and commercial solution is secured
- following grid developments with regard to capacity and supporting other projects and business development in Japan and the Asia-Pacific region.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or, preferably, a master’s degree in electrical engineering
- understand simulation of electrical systems and simulation tools like PowerFactory, PSCAD, or PSS/E
- have a clear understanding of the electrical grid codes and connection processes of wind farms, especially in Japan
- preferably have experience in communicating with transmission system operators
- speak and write English and Japanese fluently
- have a result-oriented and analytical approach to your work and enjoy working both independently and together with your international colleagues and business partners.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31-05-2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations APAC, TAP APAC, on talentacquisitionAP@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.